Ghirardelli Chocolate Cupcake with "Twinkie" Filling

>> Saturday, July 11, 2009

I was asked to make some cuppies for a friends grandson's 3rd birthday. I thought that Elmo and Cookie Monster were perfect for a 3 year old little boy. Here are the recipes:

Ghirardelli Chocolate Cupcakes

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cups Ghirardelli Premium Baking Cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 t salt
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups water
2 teaspoons instant coffee

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins.

Sift together dry ingredients. Add the eggs, oil, and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add coffee granules to water and dissolve, gradually add water/coffe mixture to batter beat until smooth.

Bake cupcakes for 13-15 minutes. Cool on racks.


Queen's "Twinkie" Filling

1 cup milk
5 tablespoons flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Crisco
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat milk and flour until very stiff (stir constantly). Allow to cool. Beat in mixer for approx. 10 minutes. Add rest of ingredients mixing well after each addition. End with beating for another 10 minutes. The more you whip it - the lighter it becomes.



Just Like Grandma's Buttercream Frosting

1/3 cups butter
3 cups powder sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons milk

Mix all ingredients in mixer and allow to whip for 5 minutes to make light and fluffy.



Elmo and Cookie Monster's faces were made with Marshmellow Fondant and Royal Icing. I'll add those recipes soon!

0 comments:

About

My photo
Salem, Oregon, United States
You might wonder about my business name - I've always wanted to be the Queen, so now I am the Queen of my own domain! I'm a wife, mom with 2 grown children, and one wonderful daughter-in-law. I'm also a small business owner, cook and baker who is always looking to improve her skills. My goal is to bring you the very best in goodies, ideas, how-to, so that you can bring them to your own family. I will be launching a website soon where you will be able to shop for my goodies.
hit counter

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP