Almond Biscotti

>> Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I've tried several biscotti recipes and I always go back to this one. It is simple and delicious.

Almond Biscotti (Southern Living 1991)
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fine chopped almonds (leave a few medium size pieces)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Beat eggs and sugar until sugar is dissolved (3-4 minutes) add flavors. Combine flour and remaining ingredients and add to egg mixture. Lightly flour hands and shape dough into 8 in long by 4 inch wide by approx. 1 1/2 inch high log. Place on a baking sheet covered in parchment or a silpat. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool. Cut into 1/4 inch slices (if you want slightly larger pieces - slice on the diagonal). Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes on each side or until crisp.

You can drizzle chocolate or dip one end in chocolate for a very nice change!

0 comments:

About

My photo
Salem, Oregon, United States
You might wonder about my business name - I've always wanted to be the Queen, so now I am the Queen of my own domain! I'm a wife, mom with 2 grown children, and one wonderful daughter-in-law. I'm also a small business owner, cook and baker who is always looking to improve her skills. My goal is to bring you the very best in goodies, ideas, how-to, so that you can bring them to your own family. I will be launching a website soon where you will be able to shop for my goodies.
hit counter

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP