Lazy Daisy and Lemonade

>> Friday, July 17, 2009


I just did a bunch of cookies for a picnic I'm going to tomorrow. Some of them were these lovely little daisies. I tried two new techniques that I would like to share with you - painting and markers. I floated the white icing on the cookie and when it was completely dry (12 hours or so) I took a drop of food color and just the about 2 drops of water and a brushed around the edge to add the color. It looks a little like watercolor - translucent and not a solid coverage. It worked very well and was very easy. After the food color paint dried (about 10 minutes 0r so) I used food safe markers to make the little black lines. Both of these techniques made the entire process very quick and really easy. PS. You can buy the markers anyplace that sells cake decorating supplies. I hope you will give it a try! - Cindy

0 comments:

About

My photo
Salem, Oregon, United States
You might wonder about my business name - I've always wanted to be the Queen, so now I am the Queen of my own domain! I'm a wife, mom with 2 grown children, and one wonderful daughter-in-law. I'm also a small business owner, cook and baker who is always looking to improve her skills. My goal is to bring you the very best in goodies, ideas, how-to, so that you can bring them to your own family. I will be launching a website soon where you will be able to shop for my goodies.
hit counter

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP