Roses and Tea Cookie

>> Monday, July 20, 2009

This cookie is decorated with marshmallow fondant. I was new to this technique and found a wonderful 2 part tutorial on YouTube. The links are below. When rolling out the fondant use powder sugar on your board and pin. I also color small amounts of the fondant at a time. For this particular cookie I used two white discs cut with a round scalloped cookie cutter in two sizes and the hand formed the roses by cutting a strip of pink fondant about 1/2 inch by 4 inches and rolling it up into a rose. I use just old fashion butter cream frosting to attach the fondant to the cookie and to itself. To add a little depth I used a darker rose/pink dust and applied it with a very small brush down into the center of the flowers. I hope you have fun with this new technique. I would love to hear how it works for you! - Happy Baking - Cindy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yj4KGtBaDg&feature=PlayList&p=F431053DFBF974F7&index=35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHbpquC3IEA&feature=PlayList&p=F431053DFBF974F7&index=36





0 comments:

About

My photo
Salem, Oregon, United States
You might wonder about my business name - I've always wanted to be the Queen, so now I am the Queen of my own domain! I'm a wife, mom with 2 grown children, and one wonderful daughter-in-law. I'm also a small business owner, cook and baker who is always looking to improve her skills. My goal is to bring you the very best in goodies, ideas, how-to, so that you can bring them to your own family. I will be launching a website soon where you will be able to shop for my goodies.
hit counter

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP