Sweet Potato Casserole

>> Monday, November 16, 2009

My husband is retired from the Navy and our first real duty station (together) was Marine Corps Air Station, Beaufort, South Carolina. It was so different than Oregon! The history there is amazing, the weather in the summer is stiffling, but the culinary experience was AWESOME! I found this wonderful little recipe back in the very early 1980's. We have enjoyed it every Thanksgivng since. I hope you give it a try. It is a favorite of almost everyone who tries it. The pecans are very important part of this recipe. Pecans are a favorite nut of the south.

Sweet Potato Casserole
2 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

3 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes (I use canned and mash them)

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans

Beat eggs, granulated sugar, and butter until smooth. Add milk and vanilla. Combine with the mashed sweet potatoes; spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole. Combine brown sugar, flour, tablespoons softened butter, and pecans, mixing until crumbly; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.

0 comments:

About

My photo
Salem, Oregon, United States
You might wonder about my business name - I've always wanted to be the Queen, so now I am the Queen of my own domain! I'm a wife, mom with 2 grown children, and one wonderful daughter-in-law. I'm also a small business owner, cook and baker who is always looking to improve her skills. My goal is to bring you the very best in goodies, ideas, how-to, so that you can bring them to your own family. I will be launching a website soon where you will be able to shop for my goodies.
hit counter

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP