Pumpkin Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Icing (click here to go to website)

>> Friday, November 6, 2009


I've added a new cake to my website. It is perfect for the holidays. If you live locally let me bake one for you, but if you are out of the Salem-Keizer area of Oregon here is my recipe to make your own.

If you would like to order the edible image that goes on the top, check out my website and I'll mail it to you for the top of your cake! You can personalize it with your own message at no additional charge.


Pumpkin Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
1 cup butter
3 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 med. Apples, peeled and diced
2 cups pumpkin
4 c all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 /2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
l/2 tsp. cloves
l/2 tsp. ginger

In large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla, apples and pumpkin. Blend in dry ingredients. Cut wax paper circle for bottoms of three 8” or 9” cake pans. Spray pan, place wax paper in bottom, spray pan and sides again. Bake 350 for 28 minutes checking until done. Let cake cool 5 minutes in pan and then turn out to rack to cool.

Orange Syrup: l/2 cup butter, l/2 cup granulated sugar, 2 tab water, 2 tsp grated orange peel – bring to boil. Remove from heat stir in 2 tab orange juice. Spoon over warm cake. Refrigerate cakes overnight.

Cream Cheese Icing:
l/2 cup butter – softened, 8 oz pkg. cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, 1 lb of powder sugar, 2 tsp vanilla. Beat until smooth. Frost cake.


This cake gets better over the next couple of days as the flavors marry together. It is a very moist wonderful cake!

Here is another example of an edible image for the top!





0 comments:

About

My photo
Salem, Oregon, United States
You might wonder about my business name - I've always wanted to be the Queen, so now I am the Queen of my own domain! I'm a wife, mom with 2 grown children, and one wonderful daughter-in-law. I'm also a small business owner, cook and baker who is always looking to improve her skills. My goal is to bring you the very best in goodies, ideas, how-to, so that you can bring them to your own family. I will be launching a website soon where you will be able to shop for my goodies.
hit counter

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP