Fun with Glitter and Color

>> Tuesday, August 11, 2009


I thought you might like the recipe of the Royal Icing I use.
Royal Icing
1/2 cup cold water
1/4 cup meringue powder
Whip with a mixer until peaks form.

4 cups powder sugar
Add the powder sugar and whip together for approx. 5 minutes.



I really like Americolor gel colors the best. The most difficult part is remembering to do the colors you would like the night before! The colors intensify overnight. I must admit that I don't get this done very often!

I used a wonderful food grade glitter on these called "Disco Dust." It adds so much sparkle which is hard to see in the photos.

Happy Baking ....

0 comments:

About

My photo
Salem, Oregon, United States
You might wonder about my business name - I've always wanted to be the Queen, so now I am the Queen of my own domain! I'm a wife, mom with 2 grown children, and one wonderful daughter-in-law. I'm also a small business owner, cook and baker who is always looking to improve her skills. My goal is to bring you the very best in goodies, ideas, how-to, so that you can bring them to your own family. I will be launching a website soon where you will be able to shop for my goodies.
hit counter

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP